Friday, July 19, 2013

life as we know it

Life. We are born, we live our life, hopefully to the fullest, and then we die. Is it ever fair when one dies? No but we all know that one day we all will die. My father-in-law fell ill in May and June 21st he passed away. It wasn't fair. He was healthy, maybe not the fittest man on the block but he was healthy. He started getting dizzy and loss of hearing, well it turned out he had a brain tumor. The doctor said it was benign, said it was an Acoustic Neuroma, but sadly his symptoms worsened. It became so bad that he couldn't hear anymore and could hardly walk. He had the tumor removed and biopsied. He was diagnosed with large B-Cell Lymphoma. He died the next week.

Life as we knew it changed. We were dropped in the raging water with not life jacket. He was gone, just gone. A man who I knew for half my life, a man who I looked up to and thought of as a father, was gone. My children lost their last grandfather and my husband last his dad. Out world was turned upside down and it was not fair. Within a 2 month span he went from being fine to being gone. Not fair I say.

This brings me to a point. Everyone needs a will. Luckily I was so dang pushy that we got the will signed two days before he passed. But getting to that point was stressful. My mother-in-law didn't realize that people get ugly when someone dies, someone with assets. I was being pushy to protect her, knowing that there would be some people (they have kids from previous marriages) that would come after the estate. So if you are reading this...get a will! It is so important. Also please have all of your records in one place, let your spouse know everything and how to access it.

On another note, I received the okay to run again. So this weekend I will run. I will probably suck but I know I will feel good. I have gained like 10 pounds! Most of it is because we were eating so poorly going back and forth from our house to my in-laws. We had to eat and needed it quick.

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves and having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment