Tuesday, April 9, 2013

back from vacation land

so I didn't mean to stop blogging...I was on vacation and my computer at home went to the afterlife. It was old in technological terms but not old to me...you pay so much money for these darn things and in just two years they are out of style! One would think they would do something about that.

Oh well my vacation was great, it was a stacation and we had a wonderful time. I also did my running! Even on Easter morning I woke at 5am to run so I would be back in time to see my girls open their Easter baskets. However I wasn't...not because I was so slow that the local sloth passed me but because my littles got up at the butt crack of dawn and ran as fast as their little legs can go to get their Easter baskets. They were already eating their chocolate bunny when I got home. I of course complained to my sweet husband who informed me that they woke him up with "look what we got from the Easter Bunny!" so they didn't even wait for him!

Okay on to my running. So I had my normal 3 miles and 2 mile runs but on Easter Sunday I ran 8 miles! Yes you read that right...8 MILES! Non stop! It was great! My average pace was 12:38. I took it nice and slow so I could finish the entire thing without stopping. That meant I even did two hills! I was so proud of myself!

I was still having some foot issues so got myself some bright (and I mean bright) new running shoes and insoles. They are feeling good on my feet. I wish the PF would just hurry up and go away. It is so painful at times. I read that it can take anywhere from a month (or less) to a year to fully go away. I didn't like that website at all.

This past Sunday I was suppose to do 9 miles. I was very excited to run - I never would have thought I would ever say that - but I was. I got up at 6am to run and it was a monsoon outside! The rain was coming down so hard, sideways and it was windy! So I stayed in my running clothes waiting for a break but it never came. I missed my run. Sucks. I felt horrible. I felt like I let my coach down and myself down. I read something on Facebook (from a running page) that their isn't bad weather, just soft people. Well I guess I am soft. Knowing that I would be completely soaked to the bone in less than 10 minutes did not appeal to me at all. I don't mind running in the rain but this rain was a drowning rain. My run would not have been successful as I would have been soaked and cold and far away from shelter. Oh well. Can't do anything about mother nature. I am sure there are people that would have toughed it out but I am not one of them. Not yet anyway. Maybe when I get better clothes to run in such rain I will be one of those people.

I will keep my head high and continue. Tonight I run 4 miles then Thursday and Friday and Sunday I run 11 miles. I will do the 11, I will and it will be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. No bad weather, just soft people? lol I guess that makes me soft then too, because there have been plenty of times I have not run because of weather. I prefer to think of myself as being flexible in my training. :) As far as rain gear, I have heard tell that the best thing is a garbage bag. I have never tried it, but then again I have yet to find anything that would protect in even a moderate rain. It sounds like you are doing great on your running! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight miles?? Good for you!! I'm not much of a runner, but I do love running in the rain. I make sure to throw a baseball cap on to keep (most of the) rain out of my eyes and then wear the lightest-weight clothing I can so it doesn't weigh me down. Keep at it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you inspire me. I never run. Maybe it is time to start. Questionn 1) How long should I run on my first day? Question 2) Should I call the ambulance before or after the run? Hahaha, well done, I envy you.

    ReplyDelete