Thursday, April 25, 2013

a bit about me

Howdy everyone! I thought I would take a moment to share a bit about myself and introduce you to my family.

I am a mother to two little girls and a wife to a wonderful man. I am also the adoptive mother to 3 dogs and 2 cats. Last year, 2012, I started taking more time for myself and wanting to be healthy. I wanted to be a good role model for my children. I took up Zumba which was fun but wanted more. That is where I found running. I started but boy oh boy did I ever get shin splints! I was bummed as I wanted to run. I found out (after mass googling) that I was doing it all wrong. Too fast, too long, too soon! So I found a great program called C25K aka couch to five K or in another language get off your butt and run 3 miles. I followed that plan to the T and man did it help. I still didn't think of myself as a runner since I wasn't very good but I continued and I am still going.

My children are amazing. Love them to pieces! I have a Gwendolynn and a Matiline. My adoptive children are Wilbur, Griz, Zeke, Jazzy and Java.

Here we are...me, my wonderful hubby and my girls.
 
 
My hubby and I on a date (rare)
 
 
My children are my life...I can't imagine my world with out them. **Note to anyone who even thinks of harming them...mess with my children and I will make your nightmares seem like the happiest place on earth!** They are my pride and joy. Of course they cause me to want to pull my hair out too but that is what makes parenting so much fun, the ups and downs and everything in between.
 
My oldest is a big reader. I mean top of her class, above grade level, never puts a book down reader.
 
 
 
Here she is starting a new book. She is only 8! She loves it so far. I have read them all and I told her that there will be words that she will not know how to pronounce or understand and gave her a dictionary and if that doesn't help she can ask me. She will finish that probably by next week. No joke.
 
 
My youngest is the fashionista of the family. Every time we go somewhere she has on her scarf, glasses (sun glasses), purse and jewelery. She loves make up and all things girly!
 

Here we are at lunch at a place called Pasta Gigi's (I am in love with the place) and her scarf. She also is wearing a bracelet and her purse is on the table.

We always are trying to have fun when we can. Even if it means stopping a police officer to play in his car!

Such a good officer he was...turned the lights and sirens on too!
 

We also love to go to the zoo and feed the birds! We try to go several times out of the year. Not too much during the summer as it is too hot and the animals are not out and about but fall, winter and spring is the best time!


My kids are sassy and smart. They love to play together and love to get into trouble together too.

Told you they were sassy!
 
 
And they are too smart. LOL. I laughed so hard when I saw this sign outside of Gwendolynn's door!
 
Luckily my kids have never really had anything wrong with them (broken bones, etc.). Hardly can believe it myself given how much they fall over themselves or fall off their bikes. But last summer, summer 2012, my oldest had an emergency appendectomy. I knew what it was right away and luckily got her to the ER and surgery before it got bad!
My poor baby girl.
 
My husband is a huge hunter! He hunts everything. So we always have a lot of meat in our house. He is quite excited as he is going on a big guided elk and deer hunt in Montana in 2014. He cannot wait! Here he is pheasant hunting with his dog Griz.
 
 



Here are a few pics of our animals. Griz is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Zeke is an Australian Shepherd, Wilbur is a Long Coated Chihuahua and Java and Jazzy are shelter cats.
 
WilburJavaZeke
Griz
 
That's all for now. Hope you liked a bit into me and my family!
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment