Wednesday, May 1, 2013

my birthday girl

My daughter turned 8 years old on Saturday. Oh my where has the time gone. I remember everything still. How I felt going to the hospital, I had to be induced 2 weeks early...blood pressure was not well. I remember what I wore...gym shorts and a tee with a  sweater - real sexy I know. I remember being in the hospital for 5 days! Man was I happy to get out of there. I remember everything about the birth - I didn't get drugs so I felt and remember everything. That was an amazing experience.

Fast forward to last Saturday my baby is 8 and the little devil woke me up at 5:30 in the morning! What the bleep! Well I got up anyway since we had a house to decorate! My daughter invited 35 friends...well we invited the entire class and then other friends that were in other classes. I always invite the class so no one feels left out. They are young so feelings get hurt right now. Soon we won't have to do this. Well we ended up with 20 children...meaning 18 friends came. Everyone loves my daughter, she is friends to everyone. I think we will always have large parties for her.

Her party was Hawaiian themed. So we decorated the house. Of course I didn't get pictures of the house completely decorated because I didn't think about that until I took them all down! Ugh. Oh well. But I did get some.

This is the birthday girl! She is standing in front door way. See behind her the wonderful lei flower hanging thingy. Yeah that was annoying after awhile. Cute but ever so annoying.

She picked out a simple tropical birthday cake. She didn't want any writing on it. I gave her the idea of putting one of her toy sharks in the water but she said NO. I thought it would be funny. Those flip flops are magnets so they are no hanging on my fridge.

These are the wonderful cookies made by The Green Apron. Amazing! We ended up with around 40 and these were passed out after the party at the goody bag. I don't do toys and icky candy I do things like this. They were so beautiful and so yummy! Definitely check her out on Facebook!

So those are the decorations. Great huh. I wish I would have taken more pictures but oh well. Can't do anything about that now. The other great thing about the party was the entertainment. Now I was suppose to have a "friend" come and do Henna on the kids but she canceled at the last minute because of a "family emergency" that happened to be at the beach during a beautiful weekend. Uh huh, I don't believe her either! So I had to find something else. Luckily I am smart and turned to Google, because that is where the smart people go. I found a lady who does face painting. She came and did an awesome job!


Here are some examples of her work. Here are my children. The one on the left was a frog but she kept touching her face and ruined the tongue. It was very cute! My other one is a butterfly of some sort.

Spiderman
 

A mask. I think it looks really awesome! In the sun it sparkled and shimmered.
 
The kids loved getting their faces painted. They all chose something different, most chose a full face. It was great and actually better than the Henna as the children got some many designs. It was a successful party. I love it when the children leave and they had so much fun. We have done so many different kinds of parties and each one I always try to make it fun for everyone and not just about the birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment